[GE users] qrsh and mpi

bryan bs2222222 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 20:21:41 GMT 2010

When I use qrsh to grab me multiple processors on my cluster, is there an easy way to figure out which nodes gridengine has assigned my job so that I can create a machinefile file for use in mpi?

Example:
When I give the command

qrsh -pe mpi 8

grid engine allocates 8 processors for my job.

Then, to find out which nodes these processors are on, I go to a different terminal and run the command "qstat -f" and note down which nodes have my qlogin job running on them.  I'll then create a machinefile for the mpi job that I want to run from what I learned from the qstat command.

There has to be a better way to get the information and create the machinefile, does anybody know it?

Thanks

Bryan