[GE users] Slots and CPU's

kisielk kamil at zymeworks.com
Mon Mar 8 21:23:30 GMT 2010

On 10-03-08 13:21 , "Daniel Templeton" <Dan.Templeton at Sun.COM> wrote:

> I think you mean qstat -j <jobid>.  You can also get a hint at what's
> going on with qalter -w p <jobid> regardless of the schedd_job_info setting.
>
> Daniel
>
> On 03/08/10 11:38, kisielk wrote:
>>> Well I tried the syntax but the jobs just pend with qw status even though
>>> resources seem to be available ...
>>>
>>> murphygb courage ~/ansys/sge : qstat -f | grep fea | grep g70
>>> fea.q at usorl03g700              BIP   0/0/16         8.21     lx24-amd64
>>> fea.q at usorl03g701              BIP   0/1/16         22.69    lx24-amd64    a
>>> murphygb courage ~/ansys/sge : qconf -sq fea.q
>>> qname                 fea.q
>>> hostlist              @sharedmem @distmem
>>> seq_no                0,[@distmem8gb=1],[@distmem16gb=2],[@distmemfast=3]
>>> load_thresholds       np_load_avg=1.0
>>> suspend_thresholds    NONE
>>> nsuspend              1
>>> suspend_interval      00:05:00
>>> priority              0
>>> min_cpu_interval      00:05:00
>>> processors            UNDEFINED
>>> qtype                 BATCH INTERACTIVE
>>> ckpt_list             NONE
>>> pe_list               make fea
>>> rerun                 FALSE
>>> slots                 16
>>> tmpdir                /work
>>> shell                 /bin/bash
>>> prolog                /usw/gridengine/siemens_util/ansys.prolog
>>> epilog                NONE
>>> shell_start_mode      posix_compliant
>>> starter_method        NONE
>>> suspend_method        NONE
>>> resume_method         NONE
>>> terminate_method      NONE
>>> notify                00:00:60
>>> owner_list            NONE
>>> user_lists            NONE
>>> xuser_lists           NONE
>>> subordinate_list      NONE
>>> complex_values        fea=TRUE,hack1=TRUE,[@sharedmem=fea=TRUE,hack1=TRUE, \
>>>                        hack2=TRUE,hack3=TRUE],[@distmemfast=fea=TRUE, \
>>>                        hack1=TRUE,hack2=TRUE]
>>> projects              NONE
>>> xprojects             NONE
>>> calendar              NONE
>>> initial_state         default
>>> s_rt                  INFINITY
>>> h_rt                  INFINITY
>>> s_cpu                 INFINITY
>>> h_cpu                 INFINITY
>>> s_fsize               INFINITY
>>> h_fsize               INFINITY
>>> s_data                INFINITY
>>> h_data                INFINITY
>>> s_stack               INFINITY
>>> h_stack               INFINITY
>>> s_core                INFINITY
>>> h_core                INFINITY
>>> s_rss                 INFINITY
>>> h_rss                 INFINITY
>>> s_vmem                INFINITY
>>> h_vmem                INFINITY
>>> murphygb courage ~/ansys/sge : cat in.ksh
>>> #!/bin/ksh
>>>
>>> /usw/ansyslx/v110/ansys/bin/ansys110 -b -NP 1 -j pin_block<  in.dat
>>>
>>> murphygb courage ~/ansys/sge : qsub -pe fea 1 in.ksh
>>> Your job 112969 ("in.ksh") has been submitted
>>> murphygb courage ~/ansys/sge : qstat
> [...]

Yes that's exactly what I meant. Was trying to work on too many things at
once :) Sorry for any confusion.

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error
please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying,
distributing or disclosing the same.