[GE users] Memory question

uccajgo uccajgo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 21:53:49 GMT 2010

Daniel,

Once the calculations exceed the 2G mark on a user-submitted job
requesting h_vnem=2G, we observed that  the job would reach a state
where the process is still active in the node, the memory use has
dropped dramatically, and log files are not being written, but the
scheduler still does not kill the job. The job still shows as running in
the qstat output.

Thanks for your quick response,

Jorge