[GE users] Interactive jobs methodology

introx introx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:00:27 GMT 2010

I have 25 users and 5 workstation which I want to use for interactive jobs during day time.
I want to use SGE in order to either allocate session on these machines (qlogin) or in order to run the interactive jobs on these hosts using qsh or qsub. (In the second way all users will log in to a single machine which will be functioned as a submitter host only.)

Thanks
Erez

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de<mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>> wrote:
Hi,

Am 08.03.2010 um 11:15 schrieb introx:

> I would like to start using SGE in our group (25 workers) for
> running interactive jobs (mainly EDA tools GUIs).
>
> There are two working methods which I consider:
>
> 1.       Use the SGE as a work-stations resource allocator for
> allocating sessions on work stations (qlogin?) and then after a user
> get a window he runs the tool manually.
> 2.       Let all users login to one or two machines and Use SGE in
> order to submit interactive jobs (whether by qsh or qsub).

I don't get your intended setup. You have 25 workers with 25
workstations and want to use SGE to grant them access to any of the
other workstations?

-- Reuti