[GE users] SGE and multiple cluster

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Mar 9 18:01:38 GMT 2010

Grid Engine only supports a single global scheduling policy currently.
That means that if cluster1 and cluster2 need different policies, e.g.
one's FIFO and the other's fair share, it's not going to work.  If
they're policy compatible, however, you can merge them together and use
fair share of functional policies to give the cluster users target
shares of the greater cluster.

Another option is to set up two distinct clusters and use the Service
Domain Manager (Hedeby) component to broker resources between them.
That gives you separate scheduling policies and separation of workloads,
but still lets you share resources between the two clusters.

Daniel