[GE users] Memory question

kisielk kamil at zymeworks.com
Tue Mar 9 19:17:46 GMT 2010

> Reute,
>
> We are not using Gaussian. For testing purposes, we are using a custom
> script to use memory in the nodes. Do you think that this could be a
> problem in the interaction between the custom script and SGE? Have you
> seen this behavior before with Gaussian?
>
> Thanks for your support,
>
> Jorge
> PSI will be happy to send you my test script if you will like to try.

Jorge,

Requesting the h_vmem complex also sets the system's virtual memory (ulimit -v) and stack size (ulimit -s) limits. These could possibly be the cause of the strange behavior you are seeing as the limits may cause function calls such as malloc() to fail. You can test your software outside of SGE by manually setting the ulimit values and see if you can track down the cause of the problem.