[GE users] Sending emails when errors in the submitted jobs?

arvindpetaru arvindpetaru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:50:40 GMT 2010

Hi,

 I understand that SGE has options to send emails at job BEGINNING, ENDING, SUSPENDING and at ABORTION.

Does Abortion only means when the job is removed from sge env using "qdel" command or does it also send mails for any errors encountered during job execution.? I understand that job's error file will contain the errors encontered during job/script execution, but I need to send emails even when the job encountered any errors(errors can be simple script errors or any hardware/network link errors). Can this be done using SGE ?

Also, can I send emails for a group of jobs performed rather than individual emails for each job submitted.? Say, I submitted 10 jobs(not array jobs) but need a single email to know the status(start/end/abort/suspend) of all the 10 jobs submitted.?

Thanks!