[GE users] Reservations and calendar problem

cru cmr9 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 19:26:15 GMT 2010

At the time there were approximately 300 single cpu jobs with a 4.5 day runtime - i.e. there would obviously be a gap on the system to run the 64 cpu, 1 day, job well before the service period defined by the calendar which is 5 weeks away.

The "schedule" file showed that every reservation created, even for serial jobs, was for after the service period.

Chris

> > What I discovered was that all of the reservations started at the
> > end of
> > the next service period which is still five weeks away. This was
> > despite
> > it being obvious from the state of what was running that there
> > should be
> > a suitable sized slot on the system within a few days. The stuck 64
> > cpu
> > job also only requested 1 day of runtime so it would also complete
> > before the next service day once started.
>
> which runtime was requested by the job which were already in the
> system?
>
> -- Reuti

Dr Chris Rudge - Research Computing Services Manager

IT Services, University of Leicester, LE1 7RH
Tel: 0116 2522223

Times Higher Education University of the year 2008/9