[GE users] Reservations and calendar problem

cru cmr9 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 20:31:28 GMT 2010

> Am 10.03.2010 um 20:41 schrieb cru:
>
> > Yes, we set a default request of '-l h_rt=00:01:00' forcing all
> > users to set the runtime for their jobs.
>
> Then you could also make it a FORCED resource request in the complex
> configuration.

I wasn't aware of that option, but I think that's a side issue that's not relevant to the problem I'm trying to solve.

> And the users are not requesting h_rt=999:99:99 or h_rt=INFINITY for
> simplicity?

No, if they did this their jobs wouldn't run at all because they wouldn't fit before the service period.

> What does `qstat -j <job_id>` usually say about such job's time
> requests?

Similar jobs currently in the queue report things like:

# qstat -j 59508 | grep h_rt
hard resource_list:         h_rt=388800

and for finished ones I can see from the qacct -j output:

qsub_time    Wed Mar  3 16:19:34 2010
start_time   Fri Mar  5 02:20:44 2010
end_time     Tue Mar  9 14:20:45 2010

OK, so that's 112 hours rather than 108 but you can these limits are being correctly set and applied.

Chris

Dr Chris Rudge - Research Computing Services Manager

IT Services, University of Leicester, LE1 7RH
Tel: 0116 2522223

Times Higher Education University of the year 2008/9