[GE users] qsh

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 11 13:11:27 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 11.03.2010 um 13:12 schrieb mlmersel:

>  I am using gridengine 6.2u4, but  qsh does not work.
>
> I enter the master like this:
>

>   ssh -X master
>
> Then I do:
> qsh
> and get:
> Your job 388729 ("INTERACTIVE") has been submitted
> waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
> Your interactive job 388729 has been successfully scheduled.

when it was scheduled successfully, there will be an open window on
the "master" and anyone can use it who is in front of the machine -
unfortunately there is nothing forwarding it to your local
workstation, unless you use VNC to the master or similar things to
get his screen directly. qsh needs a direct network connection
between the node and the displaying machine.

`qrsh xterm` should work though when you setup ssh as startup mechanism:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html

Backgrounds:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?
dsMessageId=65347&dsForumId=38