[GE users] is SGE integrated in mpiexec?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 11 18:49:28 GMT 2010

Am 11.03.2010 um 19:35 schrieb goncalo:

> On 03/11/2010 05:33 PM, reuti wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 11.03.2010 um 18:09 schrieb goncalo:
>>

>>> Well... the title says it all: Is SGE integrated in mpiexec?
>>> Looking to
>>> the mpiexec mailing list, the last thread on the subject is from
>>> 2005 (?)
>>>
>>>       http://email.osc.edu/pipermail/mpiexec/2005/000428.html

They use a TM (task manager) interface which is not available in SGE.
Even Open MPI can nowadays compiled with direct Torque/PBS support.

>> no. The question is more: which MPI library do you intend to use?
>>
> OpenMPI and MPICH2. My problem is that I do not understand how those
> tight integration are done... via qrsh

Yep, with the optional parameter "-inherit". I suggest to start
getting Open MPI working, then you can look into MPICH2: http://
gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-
integration.html

> ? I've seen that I can use qrsh
> working either with rsh (which is very insecure and I do not like
> it) or
> with ssh (which would mean that I have to allow `a priori passwordless

No, it could also be hostbased authentication w/o any ssh-key at all.

> connections for the user applications for all hosts).

Which version of SGE? The -builtin- method would fit all needs of
yours, unless you need X11 forwarding.

-- Reuti