[GE users] ARCo on Ubuntu

andre Andre.Alefeld at sun.com
Fri Mar 12 08:26:43 GMT 2010

Hi,

did you try something like 'alien' already to convert rpm to debian
packages ? Maybe it is possible just to convert the packages and go on
from there.
http://www.debianadmin.com/install-rpm-files-in-debian-and-ubuntu.html

Andre

On 3/12/10 9:09 AM, jewellc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had a solution for installing ARCo on an
> Ubuntu machine?  My stumbling block appears to be installing Sun Java
> Web Console as the Linux version uses RPM packages rather than Debian
> packages.  I had wondered if it were possible to hook the ARCo reporting
> webapp into the Ubuntu Tomcat package (as this appears to be what Java
> Web Console uses under the hood)?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Jewell
> --
> Dept Statistics,
> University of Warwick,
> Coventry,
> CV4 7AL.
> UK

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/gridware