[GE users] ARCo on Ubuntu

jewellc chris.jewell at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 09:17:22 GMT 2010

Hi Andre,

Yes, I've tried alien already.  The issue is that the JWC setup script
appears to be more involved than simply installing the packages.
Another problem appears to be one of architecture - alien barfs
because the supplied binaries are 32bit, whereas I'm installing on
amd64 architecture.  Again, it would be easier to hook the ARCo
reporting webapp into Tomcat, and it looks like it should be
possible.  Now if I could just find out how..... :-)

Cheers,

Chris

Andre Alefeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did you try something like 'alien' already to convert rpm to debian
> packages ? Maybe it is possible just to convert the packages and go
> on from there.
> http://www.debianadmin.com/install-rpm-files-in-debian-and-ubuntu.html
>
> Andre
>
> On 3/12/10 9:09 AM, jewellc wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone had a solution for installing ARCo on an
>> Ubuntu machine?  My stumbling block appears to be installing Sun Java
>> Web Console as the Linux version uses RPM packages rather than Debian
>> packages.  I had wondered if it were possible to hook the ARCo
>> reporting
>> webapp into the Ubuntu Tomcat package (as this appears to be what Java
>> Web Console uses under the hood)?
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris Jewell