[GE users] One SGEMASTER several CELLs ?Several BerkeleyDB?

dom marco.donauer at sun.com
Fri Mar 12 15:28:46 GMT 2010

it's possilbe to run a bdb svc for each cell but not necessary. If you
look into your sgebdb script you will see a BDB_HOMES setting. There you
first bdb spooling directory is entered. eg for cell_1
The installation does not support a second spooling dir, but if you add
it manually then it works.

cell_1 spools to: /tmp/spooldirs/cell_1
cell_2 spools to: /tmp/spooldirs/cell_2

Then your BDB_HOME should look like this: BDB_HOME="
/tmp/spooldirs/cell_1 /tmp/spooldirs/cell_2"
The bdb server should be able to manage both spooling databases. You
have to restart the bdb server after edit the sgebdb script.

Marco

tccmanager wrote:
> Hi,
> I have one sgemaster with two CELLs(cell_1, cell_2) using berkeleydb spools into a local directory in cell_1/...
> During the installation of cell_2 the install_qmaster script asked me about the location of berkeleydb, I wrote the location of previous installed berkelydb directory but gave me an error and I left default directory cell_2 berkelydb directory.
> The installation had created a /etc/init.d/sgmaster.cell2 launcher script but not a sgebdb.cell_2 script and the unique /etc/init.d/sgebdb script point to cell_1/... directory.
> Am I only need a one berkeley_db_svc process per severals CELLs?

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7         SUN Grid Engine Engineering
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels