[GE users] [OT] SGE and Eucayptus clouds

ferstl ferstl at sun.com
Fri Mar 12 17:12:33 GMT 2010

If you have SGE and you use it together with SDM (which is also
delivering the cloud connectivity, so you'd be using it anyhow) then I'm
not sure why you'd need Eucalyptus.

But if there are reasons for it then in theory the SDM Cloud Adapter
should work with Eucalyptus or it should be possible to make it working.

Not that I have tried or know anyone who has but Eucalyptus claims they
are 100% compatible in their interfaces to Amazon, and the SDM Cloud
Adapter is only using regular Amazon interfaces.

If you were to try then I suspect that the devil can be in the details.
So take this as a very generic comment.

Cheers,

Fritz