[GE users] qmaster SEGVs

mhanby mhanby at uab.edu
Fri Mar 12 19:01:05 GMT 2010

You may have seen my posts over the past couple of weeks. Ours (GE6.2u4 then GE6.2u5) was doing this so often I had to automate restarting it (via puppet). Then out of no where the crashes stopped.

I had 27 qmaster crashes over 48 hours, and since none. Reboots, job load, upgrading from u4 to u5, compiling my own binary. None of that had any affect on the stability.

I'm still not sure what was causing it or what changed to make it stable.

Mike