[GE users] [OT] SGE and Eucayptus clouds

doraz dobre.razvan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 20:32:27 GMT 2010

OpenNebula looks good went you look only at the documentation. I implemented
an infrastructure with OpenNebula and in reality is does less. You can do a
better OpenNebula by just writeing your own scripts using libvirt. On the test
I used OpenNebula that comes with Ubuntu 9.10. I tried to installit from
source but it failled to start. At the esence OpenNebula is just a bunch on
ruby scripts that copies over ssh the virtual hard-drive and starts a machine
on that host. When is comes to network all settings are in vane because the
IP's are alocated via the usual dhcp way (from the dhcp server currently on
the network). So if you what to use this I sugest to to spawn the machines
manualy and configure your network manualy to get more control over them. I
sugest try using Eucalyptus.

Razvan Dobre
http://www.doraz.ro