[GE users] qsh and x-window forwarding?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Mar 15 15:27:03 GMT 2010

Am 15.03.2010 um 14:46 schrieb s_kreidl:

> Though this might not be a good idea in general, X-forwarding with
> qsh works for me when setting "X11UseLocalhost no" in the
> sshd_config of the submission/login node.

An interesting approach, but I'm not sure whether I understand your
intended setup:

local workstation ==> login node ==> any cluster node

Hence you set "X11UseLocalhost no" on the "login node" which makes
the $DISPLAY read "login.node.test:10.0" or similar when you login
thereto. How will this be forwarded to the "local workstation" then?

-- Reuti