[GE users] Getting (hopefully useful) Usage Statistics

cablep cable at ll.mit.edu
Mon Mar 15 19:05:45 GMT 2010

I'm currently using SGE 6.1u3.

I've been tasked with getting some numbers on how long people use our grid for, etc.  In the past i've played with ARCo and have left somewhat disappointed. It always seemed like it was an afterthought of a product.

My environment is somewhat heavy on the interactive use (SGE kind of works as a "here's a machine that has what you need, go here" - we use a fraction of it's capability for sure) so I already realize that my stats are going to be somewhat off in the realm of memory/cpu usage for each "job" -- that's fine, I'm working on educating our users on how to properly use the grid.

So, I'm wondering:
1) What do you use to get grid use statistics?
2) Have the facilities to get stats improved in 6.2? I'll spend the money but I want to make sure it's worth it first.

- Pat

--
Patrick Cable II
LLCAD Network Systems Administrator