[GE users] Getting (hopefully useful) Usage Statistics

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Mar 15 22:01:59 GMT 2010

Some options:

(1) parse the accounting file into your own mysql database

(2) Use the ARCo backend (schema, dbwriter, reporting file) but roll
your own front end or query tools that talks to that database

Another tip that I've seen used very successfully in the field is to
make use of SGE prolog and epilog scripts to insert records into a
database each time a job is started and then again after a job exits --
the prolog is a great way to capture and store *exactly* how the job was
ran and the epilog is a great place to record statistics and exit status.

-Chris