[GE users] qsh and x-window forwarding?

s_kreidl sabine.kreidl at uibk.ac.at
Tue Mar 16 09:35:36 GMT 2010

Hi Reuti,

in our case this setup works naturally, as long as the user uses X-tunneling via his ssh connection to the login/submit node.

In case of directing the DISPLAY variable to the display of the local workstation this is of course not as easy. Either the user then allows X connections to the local host from any other host or the user specifies a specific node for his qsh session, which is allowed access to the local X-server.

Can't think of any other way, but would be glad to know if there's a more elegant solution then.

Regards,
Sabine