[GE users] One Queue With Two Types of Nodes

jlforrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 16 17:45:28 GMT 2010

I'm running SGE 6.1u4 on a Rocks 5.0 cluster.
The cluster consists of some new dual quad core
nodes, and some old slower dual dual core nodes.
Right now the cluster only has the one all.q queue.
We only run serial jobs - no MPI or other parallel
jobs.

We want to configure this queue so that the new
nodes are scheduled before the old nodes. Only after
all the new nodes are completely full would any
jobs run on the old nodes. We don't
want to create 2 queues because we're concerned
that nobody would ever submit jobs to the "old" queue.

Can someone point me to some documentation
that covers how to do this?

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest