[GE users] Execution of task chains on the same host

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 16 18:43:32 GMT 2010

Am 16.03.2010 um 11:47 schrieb paguerlais:

> Thanks for your suggestion :
> - I create as many ARs as job chains. Easy to do/automate.
> - I submit every job to the AR dedicated to the chain it belongs
> to. Easy to do/automate.
> - but as long as I understand ARs, I must include the node name in
> the AR definition

No, it will grant a node (or nodes) for the AR, which delivers the
requested resources.

> , or maybe I've missed something. If I only reserve a slot, it will
> be a slot anywhere within the queue and the actual execution host
> can change from a job to the next one. Or will that actual node be
> retained once elected for the first job ?

It will be fixed for the complete AR. Just submit an AR and check
with `qrstat -ar <ar_id>` the complete output. There the nodes which
you will get will be noted. Means you can also request an AR for some
point in the future and can submit all jobs into it. The side effect
of having AR is to run a job at a fixed time if this is necessary.
When the AR is granted, it will run at that time for sure.

-- Reuti