[GE users] Invoking a java class using DRMAA

anand_jayaraman anand_jayaraman1 at dell.com
Fri Mar 19 13:02:45 GMT 2010

Hi,

I understand there is a notion of DRMAA wherein you can run Grid jobs using Java API. I find the examples for only running some sh files. I am interested in an implementation like this, Please read the comments i have written in this code snippet:

          JobTemplate jt = session.createJobTemplate();
          /*
I want a java class to become the content for JobTemplate. I am not interested in invoking this through a shell script file.

Something like:

       jt.setXXX(java class)

Once the job executes it essentially executes the java class. Is this supported?

          */

          String id = session.runJob(jt);

          System.out.println("Your job has been submitted with id " + id);

          session.deleteJobTemplate(jt);
          session.exit();