[GE users] invalid load value "0.000000" for theshold np_load_avg

tgebert tgebert at transtec.de
Fri Mar 19 15:31:16 GMT 2010

Hi there,

I have installed the latest ge6.2u5 on a cluster and everything seems to work fine. I went through the start_gui_installer on a SLES11. The installation went fine and all the nodes are showing up in the default queue.
When I try to submit the sample jobs in the $SGE_ROOT/examples/jobs/, the jobs get scheduled but I they will never run on the nodes because they are reporting: "queue instance "all.q at node1.cluster" dropped because it is overloaded: invalid load value "0.000000" for theshold np_load_avg". This is reported for every node in the cluster if you check the job with "qstat -j".
Has anyone an idea or has seen this before...?

Thomas