[GE users] sgeexecd softstop

ccaamad m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 19 16:39:25 GMT 2010

Hi,

Can someone confirm that I can restart sgeexecd on the execution hosts
without any ill effects on running jobs, please? I'm planning a:

   ./sgeexecd softstop
   ./sgeexecd start

i.e. no jobs are killed and sge keeps full control of any running jobs
(e.g. enforcing resource limits, job accounting records are written).

The obvious change by doing this is that the sge_shepherd-* processes are
no longer child processes of sge_execd - but is this significant?

I'm running the 6.2u5 courtesy binaries on RHEL5 / CentOS5 on x86_64.

Cheers,

Mark

(I'm not planning on changing the executables, but trying to clear a bug
I'm hitting)

Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK