[GE users] 6.2u3 qmaster will hang by a period time, how to resolve the problem

fansn fansn at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 08:09:54 GMT 2010

    [ The following text is in the "gb2312" character set. ]

Hi Everyone,

We recently upgrade the grid using 6.2u3 (fresh installed last October), but it has a very boring problem we have not found in the test. The qmaster won't respond to any opteration, but the process is still there, like suspended, unless you restart the qmaster. The problem seems to be an issue discussed in this thread

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=214008

then I update the grid to 6.2u5 following the instructions here http://gridengine.sunsource.net/install62patch.txt

as I leave the sheperd running, when I start the grid master, I got tons of the message "03/19/2010 19:08:54|listen|edagrid|W|denied: client (santos.company.main/drmaa/331) uses old GDI version 6.2u3 while qmaster uses newer version 6.2u5". There's a qmaster process running, but the sgeexecd on the exec host can't start, and it won't leave anything in the /tmp directory.

Could anyone give me some suggestions? Many thanks.