[GE users] sgeexecd softstop

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Mar 20 21:53:13 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 19.03.2010 um 17:39 schrieb ccaamad:

> Can someone confirm that I can restart sgeexecd on the execution hosts
> without any ill effects on running jobs, please? I'm planning a:
>
>   ./sgeexecd softstop

at this point the SGE limits (i.e. h_rt, ...) are not enforced, as the
execd is summarizing this. Set ulimits for the process are enforced
though (i.e. h_cpu, ...).

>   ./sgeexecd start

The execd will also check, whether in the meantime the limits were
passed and take measures if necessary and check actual limits again.
After some delay the accounting records will be written once the execd
was started again.

-- Reuti