[GE users] Allow users to control concurrency themselves?

jesperkrogh jesper at krogh.cc
Sun Mar 21 07:06:01 GMT 2010

Hi list.

I would like to enable users to control concurrency themselves. Say they
have a task that they know probably dont scale up to more than 50
without overloading the NFS-server (or anther shared resource). Then
they could set it in the submit-script somehow that they only want this
"type" of job to run atmost at 50 slots at a time.

Is that somehow doable?

It could be grouped by "jobname" or "account_string" or similar.

something like:

qsub -A mywork -l maxconcurrent=50 test.sh

If i shouldl use RQS then I would have to get a dynamic consumable that
the users can setup and tear down itself?

Suggestions?

Jesper
--
Jesper