[GE users] 6.2u3 qmaster will hang by a period time, how to resolve the problem

fansn fansn at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:02:09 GMT 2010

Hi Reuti,

I used half day to debug the problem and finally upgraded 6.2u3 to 6.2u5.
There's a bug(?) in $SGE_ROOT/util/arch. The script returns lx26-amd64 on
redhat enterprise 5 boxes. This will confuse the starting up script. I
modified it and everything working fine now. The errors "uses old GDI
version 6.2u3 while qmaster uses newer version 6.2u5" are actually come from
the DRMAA event clients on the submit hosts as I leave the jobs running
during the upgrade. These clients must be killed otherwise the qmaster will
block DRMAA requests.

Everything is working fine so far :) Thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Sinong Fan