[GE users] 6.2u3 qmaster will hang by a period time, how to resolve the problem

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Mar 21 19:30:45 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 21.03.2010 um 14:02 schrieb fansn:

> I used half day to debug the problem and finally upgraded 6.2u3 to
> 6.2u5.
> There's a bug(?) in $SGE_ROOT/util/arch. The script returns lx26-
> amd64 on
> redhat enterprise 5 boxes. This will confuse the starting up script. I
> modified it and everything working fine now. The errors "uses old GDI
> version 6.2u3 while qmaster uses newer version 6.2u5" are actually
> come from
> the DRMAA event clients on the submit hosts as I leave the jobs
> running
> during the upgrade. These clients must be killed otherwise the
> qmaster will
> block DRMAA requests.
>
> Everything is working fine so far :) Thanks.

which distribution do you use?

[ ] courtesy binaries
[ ] something RedHat provides
[ ] self compiled on this machine
[ ] self compiled on a different machine?

For me the relevant part of the script looks like (courtesy binaries):

    2.[46].*)
       # retrieve os release. We use 2.4 on kernel 2.6 machines, unless
       # we have binaries installed that have been built for 2.6
       case $osrelease in
       2.4.*)
          lxrelease=24
          ;;
       2.6.*)
          ROOT_DIR=`dirname $0`/..
          if [ "$SGE_ROOT" != "" -a -d "$SGE_ROOT/bin/lx26-$
{lxmachine}" ] ; then
             lxrelease=26
          elif [ "$SGE_ROOT" = "" -a -d "$ROOT_DIR/bin/lx26-$
{lxmachine}" ] ; then
             lxrelease=26
          else
             lxrelease=24
          fi
          ;;
       esac

Unless there are lx26-... directories, it should be lxrelease=24.