[GE users] 6.2u3 qmaster will hang by a period time, how to resolve the problem

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Mar 21 22:44:53 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 21.03.2010 um 23:10 schrieb marcingoldyn:

> Please, dont file a bug against Hedeby. Check this page.
>
>     http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u5/How+to+Install+SDM
>
> In paragraph 3 you can find a note saying "Do not unpack SDM into the
> Sun Grid Engine installation directory or mix the SDM installation
> with
> any installed software. The SDM software must be in an exclusive
> directory."

well, yes - I see. The final detected ARCH in hedeby will then be
mapped in bin/sdmadm to disregard the kernel version in the case of
Linux.

Nevertheless it uses an older version of the `arch` - script and
updating it maybe suitable. I wonder, whether the new version of the
script could even be enhanced (for Hedeby only) to compare the found
ROOT_DIR and SGE_ROOT (like in the new SGE script version) and alert
the user that if both are equal with an error: "Found Hedeby
installation inside SGE installation, please correct this.). If the
user replaces the SGE version with the Hedeby version of the `arch`
script, he would get an error message this way.

-- Reuti