[GE users] Altering array task range does not work

iadzhubey iadzhubey at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 22 14:48:53 GMT 2010

Hi Reuti,

On Monday 22 March 2010 08:42:44 am reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 20.03.2010 um 08:57 schrieb iadzhubey:
> > I am trying to adjust the task range of an already submitted and pending
> > array job but cannot figure out how to do this (and if it's even
> > supported). Qalter manpage lists '-t' as supported option but when
> > specified with qalter command it is recognised as an (incomplete)
> > wc_job_range_list specification instead, which results in a syntax error
> > message.
>
> you mean the error message like:
>
> found lonely '-t 15-20' option (The -t option needs a leading job name)'?

Yep, this is the error message. I've also tried every other combination of
command-line switches to qalter I can think of but to no avail.

Any hope this may actually work? For now, I am using a crude workaround by
submitting array jobs with the fixed maximum range (e.g., -t 1-75000) and then
letting the first dispatched task of each array qdel all extraneous tasks at
runtime. This works but is not an elegant solution.

Best,
Ivan