[GE users] Altering array task range does not work

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 23 08:29:38 GMT 2010

Am 23.03.2010 um 08:56 schrieb dougalb:

> Can you provide the full command you are using?
>
>  $ qalter 4562 -t 1000-2000 -h s

Great, thx for clarifying this. But I fear it's not the answer the
original poster is expecting to change the complete range of the
alread submitted jobs as long as they are in "qw" state.

==

Interesting syntax - not easy to find. It also doesn't correspond with
the manpage. It should be mentioned there:

The -t option with `qalter` is only valid for the -h {u|s|...} option,
the order of these two options doesn't matter and a wc_job_range_list
can be disregarded. In fact it will be used independently. I mean:

$ qalter -h u 917 -t 15-25 918

is valid to change two jobs. The funny thing is:

$ qalter -A sdffd 917 -t 15-25 -h n

is allowed and changes the hold (subrange) and account (for all tasks
of course), while:

$ qalter -A sdffd 917 -t 15-25

throws an error. No -t allowed w/o -h, hence it's really an option to -
h.

-- Reuti