[GE users] Cannot set negative priority

jsadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 04:00:07 GMT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I can not set a job to have a negative priority using qsub or scripts.  I tried:
qsub -p -100 subrecon.sh
and the output is:
Unable to run job: invalid "job priority" value in job request.
Exiting.

I am running 6.0u8, and I even have manager permissions.  If I do qmon -> Job Control -> Qalter, I can lower it there, and if I use qalter from the command line - i.e. qalter -p -100 1068 - I can lower it there, but I would prefer to do it in the original qsub command.  What am I missing?

Thank you,
Jeff Sadino