[GE users] qrsub - advance reservation - does not have correct project

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 24 18:42:22 GMT 2010

Am 24.03.2010 um 17:59 schrieb shruti_m:

> Hi Dan/Reuti,
>
>>> But qrsub has no -P option - hence how to request a project for an AR?
>
>>> -- Reuti
>
> Exactly. There is no -P option to specify with AR, so there is no way to figure out which project AR is using and how I can avoid these errors.
>
> We normally set value "NONE" for " auto_user_default_project". In this case, a specific project value was added to see if it helps fix the problem, but it does not make any difference.
>
> SR # 72669196 has been filed as it looks like it may be related to RFE # 6739818.
>
> Does not look like an RFE, if it stops usual work....more like a bug. Thanks to let me know your inputs.

It will be a similar situation as with the -pe option then:

- Submit AR with project A but the job gets project B. Allow or reject (suppose both projects are valid for the made AR, i.e. queues/hosts)?

For the PE case it is even more severe, as I can submit the AR with PE C but the job with PE D -> the allocation rule of C will be used for the job.

-- Reuti