[GE users] Jobs in "hold" state disappear. Debugging help?

gutnik gutnik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:32:36 GMT 2010

> Okay, the let's have a look at the messages file of the qmaster:
> $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/messages (or a local spool directory if
> configured) Any hint of a `qdel`?

No, no qdel in the qmaster's messages file.

However, I tried qacct again: qacct -j <simjob>
  works, and gives me a bunch of information.
qacct -j <cleanup>
  says the job was not found. But I certainly saw it in the queue. Under
what circumstances would qacct say "error: job id 7858 not found" if qacct -s z
lists it?

>> How do I do that? (Ideally, I'd like email for each job, and each
>> change of
>> status and reason.)
>
> Just put a line.
>
> -m bea
>
> into this file and hope that proper email handling were setup. With -M
> an optional target address different from the local user could be
> specified.

Proper email handling was, apparently, not set up. :-/
I'll see if I can work on that... but meanwhile, any thoughts
on the qacct behavior?
   Vadim