[GE users] defining global consumable attribute to the Q

introx introx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:33:21 GMT 2010

I am aware of this solution but I don;t want it for all the hosts only for a Specific Q so I guess the solution will be to define a new hosts group for this specific Q...

Thanks

Erez

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:49 AM, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de<mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>> wrote:
Hi,

Am 22.03.2010 um 18:04 schrieb introx:

> I have a Q which contain 5 hosts.
>
> In addition I want to limit some specific jobs (which runs with -
> l=CadLic=1)  to 2.
>
> I have defined a complex call CadLic as a consumable integer
> complex. And I have defined in the queue that this complex should be
> limit to 2.
>
> Now, When I send these jobs, the Q accept more than 2? It accept up
> to 10 jobs since it seems like the limit is per Q instance and not
> globally to the Q.

correct.

> My question is how do I allow only 2 jobs to run in this Q every time.

It must be attached to the global configuration:

$ qconf -me global

If you want to limit it with different settings per user it could also
be put in an RQS.