[GE issues] [Issue 3254] New - SGE Clients crash on SLES 11.2 64Bit

tgebert tgebert at transtec.de
Thu Mar 25 16:02:29 GMT 2010

Hi out there,

I have the same issue on a SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 and ge6.2u5.
Installing the SunGridEngine is no problem, also the qmaster and the exexd come up and report their resources. When I e.g try to issue a "qlogin" the command is scheduled and a node is reserved, but when the login should happen I get the same error. It's also not possible to submit any other job script. The jobs just die. I also gave a quick try on ge6.2u4 and 6.2u3 where this also occured.
And...no problem with the SGE 32-bit version.
The /lib64/libc.so.6 seems to be the same on the SLES11 as on the openSuSE 11.2.

In the attached file qlogin_fail.txt you can find the console output of the qlogin command.
If anyone would like to have more debugging output, please let me know.

Thomas

Thomas