[GE users] mimimum job runtime limit

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Mar 26 10:34:31 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 26.03.2010 um 09:09 schrieb mehlert:

> is there a way to specify a mimimum job runtime limit for a queue
> instead of a maximum runtime limit as with the s_rt parameter?
>
> I want to keep jobs running as long as there are no
> waiting jobs for the occupied slots.
> A job should only get killed if three conditions
> are fulfilled
> 1. no free slots in the queue
> 2. other jobs are waiting
> 3. mimimum job runtime has expired

it's not a straight forward answer to your problem, but: in 6.2u5 you can implement a slotwise suspend. This can be adjusted on a per queue and node basis to suspend either the job with the shortest (default) or longest runtime. When all this long running jobs would be submitted into such a subordinated queue, you could at least suspend a job (of course without releasing the granted resources which might be a problem).

-- Reuti