[GE users] installed under ge6.2u4

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 3 11:38:21 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 03.05.2010 um 08:12 schrieb mlmersel:

>   So if I understand you properly I shoulkd do something like this:
>
>   (softstop/stop daemons)
>   mv /usr/ge6.2u4 to /usr/sge
>   untar onto  /usr/sge
>   ln -s /usr/sge /usr/ge6.2u4
>   (start daemons)

this should work (although I never tried it myself this way). To upgrade a live system, please check this:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/install62patch.txt

as you will have to rename the shepherd. Maybe afterwards you can rename all the spooling directories over time when it's more feasible with your scheduled jobs (or even make them local to each node).

-- Reuti