[GE users] Does "qdel" command not recognized in Korn-Shell ?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 5 11:23:14 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 04.05.2010 um 22:48 schrieb arvindpetaru:

>  I was trying a simple script to execute but it fails to recognize "qdel" command in the script/job if I selected shell as "ksh" (i.e., #$ -S /bin/ksh), but it works fine when the shell is "sh"(bourne shell). Am i missing something here. FYI, I sourced the settings.sh file. I'd appreciate if anyone can give me some inputs here. Below is my simple script.
>
> File:test.sh
> #!/bin/ksh

is this the real ksh or pdksh which was often used in the past as a replacement? Shell startup mode is set to unix_behavior or posix_compliant (only in the latter case the -S option should have an effect)? One option could be to change it to unix_behavior and the first line of the script should be honored.

> #$ -S /bin/ksh
> #Works fine if above is /bin/sh
>
> #$ -M ramki at gmail.com
> #$ -m abes
> #$ -cwd
> #$ -V

And in the submitting shell the `qdel` works I assume. Can you add:

echo $PATH

in your demo program?

> #$ -o /tmp/nohup.out
> #$ -j y
> #$ -l hostname=lperf011
>
> echo "SCRIPT STARTED"
> sleep 5
> qdel $JOB_ID
> sleep 5
> echo "SCRIPT ENDED"
> exit 0

Is it a demo program, or why do you don't exit the script?

-- Reuti