[GE users] email to external when job finishes

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 5 11:40:28 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 04.05.2010 um 18:55 schrieb mburgale:

> A very basic question: I want GE to send an email to a user's external email account (gmail, hotmail, etc) when his/her job is finished. I have tried with qsub -m and -M without success. Any ideas?

the emails are send from the nodes. So you will need a proper setup of the email software, that all nodes use the headnode as a relay (in case that they don't have any external connection).

It will most likely also be necessary to change the envelope in the header of the email, that they appear to come from the headnode. Reason is, that many email server refuse an email with a sender of root at node03 as node03 is no valid DNS entry which they check to prevent spam.

Depending on your used software, I can give you hints for postfix and sendmail.

-- Reuti