[GE users] Freeing consumable resources on job suspension

malcolmdavis malcolm.davis at bms.com
Thu May 6 20:35:02 BST 2010

In to implementing a test queue that would allow limited oversubscription of a server, we introduced our own slots_real consumable complex value and created host-level slot values that ncores+2.  That appears to be working fine.

However, we are now trying to add a subordinate queue, and suspension doesn't work correctly with our custom complex_value.  When a job is suspended we need our slots_real usage to be decremented in the same way that the builtin slots value is.  Unfortunately it isn't.  It is understandable that most custom consumables (like licenses) aren't freed when a job is suspended, so the behavior is entirely understandable as the default, but is there a way to change this behavior and be able to tell the system to decrement the slots_real usage when a job is suspended?

Thanks,
Malcolm