[GE users] email to external when job finishes

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 7 10:08:26 BST 2010

Am 07.05.2010 um 01:08 schrieb mburgale:

> Oh, OK, so my question was really stupid... I don't use any mail software in that machine :(
>
> Could you please point me to detailed instructions about how to set up any of the mail applications you mentioned?

First it depends on the mail software you want to use. I on my own prefer postfix. And then the appropriate documentation / mailing list should be sufficient to set it up. Main idea is, that all nodes are send-only machine and use the headnode of the cluster (sometimes this is called a null-client) to relay the email to the final destination.

- So the first setup should get it working, that the emails are received on the headndoe of the cluster (there any sender address will work).

- Implement on the nodes to change the sender (this can either be done in a mail wrapper by using -f) or in the mail software (which I prefer) using a sender_canonical entry of type regexp:

/^(.*@).*$/     ${1}my.fqdn.test

- Then users should be able to use either -M with the final address, or create a ~/.forward with the final address. This way they don't have to specify it all the times.

-- Reuti

PS: Please quote the original mail to which you reply, there is a button for it. It's not easy to keep track when you follow more than one thread.