[GE users] waiting time (start time) estimation

vkeller Vincent.Keller at id.uzh.ch
Fri May 7 15:46:41 BST 2010

Dear SGE users,

I'm quite new in SGE (was on PBS/Torque/Maui before), so please sorry if
the question might be dumb. I googled and parse the mailing-lists
without success.

Under Maui, there is the "showstart" script that gives an estimation of
the starting time (thus waiting time) for a queued (not started) job.
This is very useful for a user but also for higher level services (such
as a meta-scheduler) able to schedule components-based applications over
heterogeneous resources.

Does SGE provides a similar service ? Or at least a way to access this
kind of information (arcodb seems to store in view_job_times only
running jobs information) ?

Thanks in advance

Vince

Dr. Vincent KELLER