[GE dev] Bug causes pathname expansion in bash jsv scripts

enok oskeno at foi.se
Sun May 9 22:15:14 BST 2010

In Gridengine 6.2u5, if a parameter for a job matches a filename in the current directory, then the return of "jsv_get_param" in a bash jsv script will be the matching filename(s), not the actual pattern.

For instance if I have a file named "infi2" in my current directory and run "qrsh -pe infi\* 2 command" then the jsv script "jsv_get_param pe_name" will return "infi2", not "infi*".

The solution is adding some more quotes in  ${SGE_ROOT}/util/resources/jsv/jsv_include.sh

The attached patch seems to fix the problem.