[GE users] complex use of complexes

gragghia gragghia at utk.edu
Mon May 10 22:43:12 BST 2010

We are wanting to add management of RAM usage on our system by setting
h_vmem to consumable and adding a reasonable default value.  The problem
is that we have one parallel job that needs to use 128GB on its rank
zero "master" process but only 2GB of RAM on the slave processes.
Setting h_vmem=2GB will cause the rank zero process to fail, but using
hvmem=128G will not be able to run because the other compute nodes do
not have that much RAM.  How can we make this work?  If it isn't
possible, can we make an exception to the management of vmem so that
this job doesn't get killed due to over-usage?

Thanks,

--
Gerald Ragghianti

Newton HPC Program http://newton.utk.edu/