[GE users] Shadow master

heywood heywood at cshl.edu
Tue May 11 21:15:24 BST 2010

Could some SGE developer(s) confirm that it is not necessary to "install"
the shadow master with inst_sge in 6.2u5?

Can you do this (used to be this way)...

(1) put shadow hostname in ...default/common/shadow_masters

(2) qmaster hostname is in ...default/common/act_qmaster

(3) start qmaster on qmaster host: ...default/common/sgemaster -qmaster

(4) start shadow master on shadow host: ...default/common/sgemaster -shadowd