[GE users] SGE and MPICH2

gqc606 gqc606 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 08:50:55 BST 2010

I has installed SGE and MPICH2 on my computer clusters.but I found it doesn't work well.This is my script:

#!/bin/bash
#
#$ -cwd
#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -N flat_airebo
#
#$ -pe mpich 6
#$ -q all.q
#
#$ -e error.out
#$ -o screen.out

/opt/mpich2/gnu/bin/mpiexec -machinefile /home/test/machines -n 6 /home/test/lmp_g++ -echo both -log log.surf <in.surf

 when I submit the script , following error occurs:
mpiexec_compute-0-1.local: cannot connect to local mpd (/tmp/mpd2.console_test); possible causes:
  1. no mpd is running on this host
  2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
In case 1, you can start an mpd on this host with:
    mpd &
and you will be able to run jobs just on this host.
For more details on starting mpds on a set of hosts, see
the MPICH2 Installation Guide.

I don't know why ,who can give me some advices?